Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
1. 1 large onion (finely chopped)
2. 4-5 mushrooms (sliced)
3. 4 tbsp. Cooking oil
4. Cheddar cheese sauce
5. 4 hoagie rolls
6. 2 lbs. Ribeye steak (thinly sliced)
7. 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
8. 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
9. 4 tbsp. Butter
10. 2 Tsp. Pepper
11. Salt as per taste
1. Preheat the flat top grill to medium heat. (Note: I have used a camp chef for these recipes, if you are looking for a flat top grill for yourself, check out https://solidgoldeats.com/camp-chef-flat-top-grill-griddle-review/
2. Take about 3 tbsp. Oil on the griddle and saute the onions for about 5 minutes. Add and yet again saute the bell peppers and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
3. Once the vegetables are cooked, add pepper and salt to season them. Keep them aside for further use.
4. Heat about 1 tbsp. Of oil and add steak to it. Using table salt and pepper, season the steak and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Once the steak is done, add vegetable and cheddar cheese sauce to it and mix it well.
6. Cut the hoagie roll lengthwise such that it can be open to double its width and butter the inside.
7. Place them on the grill and facing down until they become golden brown and crispy.
8. Once the rolls are done, place the steak on the rolls and press the ends of the rolls together so as to make a sandwich.
Garnish with onions, mushrooms and cheese sauce.
Green Beans with Mushrooms
1. 250-300g fresh green beans (ends cut off)
2. 4 Tbsp. Butter
3. 8-10 medium sized mushrooms (finely sliced)
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 Tsp. Pepper
6. Red, green and yellow bell pepper (chopped)
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat
2. Place the butter on the griddle and add the green beans right after the butter is melted.
3. Mix the beans well with the butter using a mixing spatula and after 5 minutes, add the bell peppers.
4. About 10 minutes later, when the vegetables become soft, add the mushrooms and mix all the ingredients well.
5. You can choose to add pepper and table salt as per taste and cook until all the vegetables are done.
1. Rye bread
2. 2 Tbsp. Butter
3. Corned beef (Thinly sliced)
4. 1/4 cup Sauerkraut
5. Swiss cheese
6. 1/2 cup mayonnaise
7. 2 tbsp. Chilli sauce
8. 2 tsp. Horseradish
9. 2 Tsp. Pickle relish
1. Preheat the flat grill to medium flame and place the sauerkraut in a strainer so as to drain it.
2. Take a shallow bowl and mix mayonnaise, chilli sauce, horseradish and relish and keep aside for further use.
3. Butter the rye bread and apply 1 tbsp. Of sauce prepared in step 2 on each slice.
4. Place the corned beef one slice of the bread followed by drained sauerkraut and a slice of swiss cheese.
5. Cover with the second slice of the bread to make a sandwich and keep it on the grill.
6. Press the sandwich with a spatula or a press (anything heavy eg. Skillet) until it’s golden brown on the outside on each side and the cheese is completely melted.
Serve with additional sauce.…