This recipe is the one people prefer making during festivals as this spicy recipe is full of ingredients that have a lot of energy and it is even super easy and super fast to make, about thirty minutes is all that you need to make this dish.
People usually eat it in the morning as it keeps them going for the entire day without feeling tired, shakshuka is actually very popular in the eastern side of the globe and people preserving it in the skillet (hot) only
The name of the dish makes people curious basically it has a lot of tomato sauce and some eggs, poached, and for that matter, some people feel that it is similar to the Italian style eggs that are made in purgatory, this recipe requires some ingredients and some staples from the pantry, the ingredients used in is recipe require to be highly fresh.
This recipe is no usual chickpea recipe as we are going to add different types of sauces and when I say different types of sauces I even mean green sauce ( preferably Tabasco) as it is going to go amazingly with this recipe we are not going for the classic green sauce as this one is mild in nature when compared to the classic one, this sauce is going to give you a nice spicy, delicious kick start to your day.
let’s make it
first of all, let’s see what all we need for making it
- olive oil ( preferably the extra virgin one )
- chopped onions( preferably red ones)
- Minced cloves of garlic
- green sauce
- drained chickpeas
- handful basil (fresh)
- tomatoes( plum ones)
- first of all like you always do before cooking pre-heat your oven after heating take a large-sized bowl and add plum tomatoes to it, wear gloves and squeeze these tomatoes using your palm and fingers, this will create a nice thick puree, once you are done with it, keep it aside,
- now on the medium level of heat, you need to heat your skillet, before heating it make sure it is oven-proof after heating add oil to the skillet
- once it is at the right temperature add onion and pepper after five long minutes you need to add paprika, cumin and garlic now after thirty seconds add the tomatoes, reduce the level of heat to the lowest level, place the lid on the top of the skillet and let it cook for another eight minutes but after four minutes of cooking you need to add chickpeas to it
- then continue cooking for another four minutes to make full eight minutes, if in between you think that the mixture is too dry you can add some juice of tomatoes
- when everything starts to seem perfect you need to add pepper and salt according to your taste buds, stir well and while stir add basil
- now pick up a spoon as now you are going to make a well at the edge as you need to directly break some eggs, if you are making 4 wells then you need to break four eggs separately, add some pepper and salt on the eggs again according to your taste buds,
- now its time to transfer your pan to your oven and now you again need to cook it for about another eight minutes, makes use that the yolk of the eggs is not cooked completely, the yolks need to be runny
- after eight long minutes take the pan out sprinkle some basil on the top and serve